Most of the workplace posters you are required to post under federal and state laws can be downloaded for FREE!
That’s right. Free. No dollars required. All you need is an Internet connection, a printer, and some paper. If you don’t want to print the posters out yourself, in many cases you can order free copies.
As you know, federal and state laws require small businesses to post various notices in a place where all employees can view them. What information you’re required to post can vary a bit by the type of business, size of business, and what laws your business falls under. For example, if your business doesn’t fall under the Family Medical Leave Act, you won’t have to post related information.
So how are you supposed to know what information you need to post?
Very Smart Tip: Find Federal Workplace Posters
- The US Department of Labor’s elaws®- First Step Poster Advisor takes you through a series of questions and provides a listing of the posters you are required by federal law to post.
- The US Department of Labor page includes a chart showing various posters and when businesses are required to post them. Links included.
- You can call 1-866-487-2365 if you need more information or have questions.
Very Smart Tip: Find State Workplace Posters
- The Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry has compiled all state required employee notices here. You’ll find an explanation of each and links to download what you need.
- You can also call 717-783-8794 to request copies of the posters via snail mail.