Small business owners may be exploring other options with regard to their current vendors. They may be seeking other opportunities to reduce expenses. They may be open to general comparison because they are unhappy with their current provider. Business owners may be available to learn more about another vendor’s offerings as they may provide a better value. Small business owners who offer an excellent customer experience may want to consider letting their prospects know that they exceed customer expectations.
Studies show that consumers look to reviews as their top choice for supporting their decision before making a purchase.
Many consumers want to read several reviews before making a choice. Specific generations, including millennials, will almost always look at reviews before making a decision.
Small businesses have become more aware of how critical reviews have become in attracting new customers and closing sales. They may need to explore strategies to generate additional business by utilizing this feedback.
Here are 5 Ways Small Business Can Leverage Testimonials to Their Benefit to Attract New Customers:
1. Display these reviews digitally.
Websites should display positive customer reviews. Reviews can easily be displayed on your home page. There could be value in creating a testimonial page, adding this to the contact page, and, if applicable, under specific product and service reviews. Post to social media pages. The reviews can be cross-posted to other channels that your brand has a presence on to expand the reach of the positive comments. The testimonials can also be included in any future newsletters as a way to engage recipients and build trust.
2. Ensure that your business is found and stands out amongst your competition.
Utilize the opportunity to obtain reviews to increase your website SEO. Posting reviews on your website will increase your chances of being found online. Organic algorithms will display your business before competitors when your company has received more favorable reviews than your competitors.
3. Less favorable reviews may serve as an opportunity to improve a product, service, or process.
Negative or critical reviews are not enjoyable for any business owner to read. They can serve as an opportunity for improvement. While painful, this feedback about a shortcoming could not only save you money in the long run, but the learning opportunity may make your organization stronger, by improving your product or service.
4. Your customers will become an extension of your sales force.
When a brand engages with a customer’s comments by responding to the review or posting it on a website, the customer in turn feels a connection. When a customer feels connected they are more likely to be further engaged by making referrals.
5. Retain existing customers.
Customers that feel valued will become loyal customers. This could result in repeat business. Keeping good customers is a smart business practice.
PaySmart has collected a few testimonials from its loyal customer base of over 500 local small businesses here in Central PA.
We have the pleasure of providing small business payroll solutions. Some of our customers have been with us for close to 30 years,, which is a testimonial in itself to the service we can provide.
Here’s what our clients have to say about us:
- Thank you for the very kind card and gift card to Starbucks! Our business has come a long way in 10 years, and there is no way we could have grown and come this far without the help of PaySmart. I hope everyone has a great day.
- I received your ‘Happy Anniversary’ card and gift certificate. Thank you so much for that. Fifteen years! WOW! It is hard to believe you guys have dealt with me for that long. There was one error in the card thou. ‘Amazing Client!’ Was that intended for me! LOL! Thank you guys so much for what you do for me! It’s easy to support a business/a team that works so hard!
- I wanted to call you to let you know that I LOVE PaySmart and that I work with other companies that use PaySmart, and we will all be referring anyone who is looking for payroll to you. I love that I can call in and you are available and happy to help.
We will continue to provide information to small business that will help support their success.
PaySmart is honored to provide you with a no-obligation quote to support your business goals if you are not already a client.
PaySmart is a payroll provider located in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, supporting small businesses in the Central PA region. We are dedicated to helping small businesses take care of their payroll needs. To learn more information about how PaySmart may provide payroll solutions, please get in touch with us at 717-766-1777. Our New Client Concierge is waiting for you!